Why Water-Jet Cutting? Water-Jetting can cut through many types of materials that defeat other
The process is environmentally friendly and contains no chemicals. It is clean cutting and promotes green
Exact Tool & Die, Inc. Water-Jet Services uses the latest controls to produce accurate and precise CNC
maintaining tolerances as close as +/-.003”.
What are the Advantages?
- Water-Jet machines can cut many materials that lasers cannot; such as reflective materials and all
as well as most exotic and non-conductive materials such as Aluminum, Titanium, Inconel, Stainless
Steel, Carbon and Alloy Steels,
Carbide, Copper, Brass, Bronze, Plastics, Composites, Laminates, Stone, Tile, Rubber, Wood, Concrete
- Water-Jet can cut thicker materials: up to 8" thick.
- There is no thermal distortion or edge hardening of the material being cut by Water-Jet, whereas
lasers create burned,
hardened edges. Water-Jetting creates much cleaner edge quality.
- While lasers are often faster on thinner materials, Water-Jet can stack materials, so you are
cutting multiple thin parts simultaneously.
Design Software: AutoCAD Professional
Programming Software: Flow-Master Professional
- 72” x 144” Bed with Integrated Flying Bridge
- 87,000 psi Cutting Pressure FLOWS (Hyper-Pressure)
- 8” Thick Cutting Capacity
- Dynamic Water Jet with Active Tolerance Control
Flow-Master will maximize the cutting speed necessary to keep parts within tolerance and
taper-free. In most cases, our ability
to tilt the cutting head allows for faster cutting speeds. Because of this, Dynamic Water-jet will
produce superior parts at higher
speeds than conventional water-jet cutting.